Short Term Training for Sporting Dogs
Every dog in boarding experiences a daily exercise regimen (SEA System) specifically developed by Wildrose and the health-care professionals at Purina designed to address the special needs of sporting dogs.
The SEA System is unique focusing on balanced conditioning for a dog’s mental stimulus, body conditioning and confidence enhancement as well as refinement of other important, essential obedience behaviors.
Complete series of puppy vaccinations if less than one year old.
Any dog that has not completed the vaccinations listed below is not allowed on the property.
- Bivalent (H3N2 and H3N8) Canine Influenza
- Over a year old, current (annual booster) on combination vaccine covering Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus, Corona and 4 strains of Leptospira Bacteria.
- Borrelia Burgdorferi Bacterin (Lyme disease) vaccination – series of two shots given 3 to 4 weeks apart, then an annual booster.
- Bordetella Bronchiseptica (Kennel Cough) – two consecutive vaccinations followed by a booster every 6 months.
- Rabies – Follow your state law. In some states it is annual but others require every three years.
Physical by vet no more than one week before arrival.
- Tested negative for intestinal parasites, including coccidia and giardia, and heartworms.
- Free of fleas, ticks and ear mites. Nails trimmed and teeth, ears, inspected and cleaned.
- Negative Heartworm Test IS REQUIRED FOR ALL DOGS OVER 6 MONTHS OLD.
- The dog must be microchipped.
The dog should be on an intestinal parasite prevention program given monthly prior to arrival. You may choose to provide the appropriate supply of worming and flea/tick prevention medication for your dog at arrival that will last the duration of the training or Wildrose will medicate your dog monthly and the appropriate charges added to your training bill.
Wildrose Carolinas uses Dr. Christine Frenzel with Frenzel’s Mobile Vet Service.